- Friday, 29 December 2023 at 4:11 am
- Melbourne metropolitan
- Department of Transport and Planning
The Department of Transport and Planning (DTP) have published the GTFS-Realtime APIs (Trip Updates, Vehicle Positions, and Service Alerts) for Yarra Tram services.
These data feeds are openly available to developers for integration into third-party apps that can provide users with simpler and more convenient access to real-time information on their phones and personal devices.
- GTFS-R Vehicle Position data feed which provides live location information for Tram services.
- GTFS-R Service Alerts for alerts affecting Yarra Trams services including moved stops, cancellations, or unforeseen events affecting a station, route, or the entire network.
- GTFS-R Trip Update data feed which provides real-time arrival, departure and delay information on a trip for Tram services.
Find more information on the GTFS Realtime feed specification.
DTP is continuing to demonstrate its commitment to continuously improve existing datasets and release new information to support the State Government's Open Data policy and objectives.