what is data.vic.gov.au?
Data.Vic is the place to discover and access Victorian government open data
You will find data that Victorian government departments and agencies have opened and made available to the public.
You can use it anyway you like build apps and tools, use it for research, gain insights and understanding.
Welcome to GovHack 2016
We have 8 interesting challenges for you
- How do I discover travel options that suit my needs (choice before travelling)
- How might we use data to better track and quantify the flows of waste and enable better planning and investment?
- How might we use the information from the Family Violence Royal Commission submissions to better understand the factors that will reduce family violence?
- How might we expand use the features of Interest dataset ( e.g. to families, community groups etc) so they can locate facilities around them.
- How might we improve discovery of Victoria’s national parks, what they have to offer and enhance the experiences of visitors?
- How might we create a more interactive experience for visitors to Wilsons Prom?
- How might we make the Victorian War Heritage Inventory more accessible an interactive?
- How might we find ways of unlocking value in data without compromising privacy?
Tell us what you Think
We would like feedback on the quaility of our data, lookout for the feedback form at the end of each record.
featured use of data
What does this app do? This web application visualises number of crime offences by geographic area (VIC, Australia) and offence type, year ending December 2014. The original data used in this app...Read more