GovHack 2016- Journey Planning
This is a challenge for GovHack 2016. Entry details on Hackerspace from 7.00pm Friday 29 July 2016
How do I discover travel options that suit my needs (choice before travelling)
Victoria is growing at a rapid pace and is currently undertaking many significant infrastructure projects to improve the flow of traffic and Public transport. Access, timeliness, effectiveness and ease of use of transportation options are important to quality of life.
VicRoads and PTV are committed to improving travel conditions for Victorians and providing safe and reliable journeys, this includes enabling travel choice that integrate all modes and options.
Teams should consider:
- Factors will impact selected travel choice (knowing what could influence my plans whilst travelling)
- Choice of mode (train, tram, bus, bicycle, motor vehicle)
- Choice of route ( eg: scenic routes, environmentally friendly route, less crash-prone route, fastest route etc)
- Costs associated with travel
- Integrated travel mode (e.g car and train)Shared transport (e.g car pooling, uber etc)
What are we attempting to achieve?
Create a seamlessly coordination of travel information, that will empower travellers to have greater choice, and an increase in reliability and predictability of journeys across multiple modes of travel.
This is a joint challenge from PTV and VicRoads