Planning scheme zones - Vicmap Planning

Ideally, it is recommended that Vicmap Planning is to be used in conjunction with Vicmap Property, as zone boundaries generally align to property boundaries.

Areas of application may include: Town Planning/Strategic Planning Real Estate management Property Developers Infrastructure/facilities location and management Reference framework Research systems * Valuations analysis

Data and Resources

Planning scheme zones - Vicmap Planning

wms format

Use Order Resources to get access to spatial data in various formats and extents.

You are being asked to supply a valid email address, so we can notify you via email when your data is ready to download.

Additional information

Field Value
Date Published 1955-01-01
Date Updated 2018-12-31
Agency Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning
License Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International
[Open Data]
Citation Copyright © The State of Victoria, Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning 2019
Attribution Copyright © The State of Victoria, Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning 2019
Data Temporal Coverage: 1955-01-01 to 2019-12-31
Geospatial Coverage 141,-39,150,-34
Geospatial Scale 1:2,500 (metropolitan Melbourne), 1:10,000 and 1:25,000 scales.
Geospatial Accuracy The allowable error in attribute accuracy is consistent across the entire data set and would be as little as 1 to 2%. This is checked each time the data is posted back to production and involves checking for: * a valid Zone Number; * a valid Zone Code; * a valid Zone Status; * a valid date; * correct colour. If any attribute fails to match, it is sent back for correction. Vicmap Planning is directly aligned to a control version of Vicmap Property 75%-80% of the time, and the remainder (20%-25%) is aligned to natural features such as waterways, vegetation patterns or land contours. Zone and overlay boundaries are generally aligned node-for-node to the Vicmap Property cadastral data. Additionally, the zoning polygons (and where appropriate the overlay polygons) must be node-for-node aligned to neighbouring zoning polygons. Therefore, the positional accuracy of this data is as accurate as Vicmap Property. (Note that the version of Vicmap Property to which it is aligned is not necessarily the latest version, which can lead to inconsistencies when viewing the two datasets together.) As stated in the product description for Vicmap Property, this dataset "is classified as 'BB' accuracy, ie. 90% of well-defined features are within 1mm, at plot scale, of their true position, eg. 1:500 equates to +/- 0.5metre and 1:25,000 equates to +/- 25 metres. Anecdotal evidence suggests that the spatial accuracy of the major part of the data set, at all scales is frequently better than BB. The following topology rules are adhered to in Vicmap Planning: * no gaps exist between polygons (ie. no slivers); * a polygon does not overlap another polygon (no overlaps); * whole polygons are not duplicated (no duplicates). Vicmap Planning is a seamless data set covering the whole state, however some slivers exist between the different planning schemes, due to the original digitising being done against different boundaries. There are also a small number of polygons missing from the final data set. When the data has been processed to convert it from the planning scheme map data to Vicmap Planning, some of the polygons have not formed properly due to topological problems. The "unformed_polygon" layer displays these polygons as lines so users are aware of where the problems exist.
Full Metadata URL
Recent Downloads Count 10 (August 2014)