CrashStats data is provided to users by VicRoads for the purpose of supplying information about road crashes in Victoria for educational purposes.
The data provided allows users to analyse Victorian fatal and injury crash data based on time, location, conditions, crash type, road user type, object hit etc.
File ACCIDENT.zip contains the following files extracted from the VicRoads CrashStats database. See Additional Information for the period of data extract.
The files are as follows:
- accident (basic accident details, time, severity, location)
- person (person based details, age, sex etc)
- vehicle (vehicle based data, vehicle type, make etc)
- accident_event (sequence of events e.g. left road, rollover, caught fire)
- road_surface_cond (whether road was wet, dry, icy etc)
- atmospheric_cond (rain, winds etc)
- sub_dca (detailed codes describing accident)
- accident_node (master location table - NB subset of accident table)
- Node Table with Lat/Long references
The files contained are documented in the CrashStats User Guide and Appendix, accessible at:
|Data Temporal Coverage:||2006-01-01 to 2018-03-05|
Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International